We're hiring Experience Designers
The Business Innovation Factory (BIF) is currently seeking several Experience Designers for our Providence, Rhode Island office. This role requires a unique blend of research chops and real-world experience at the intersection of human-centered design and social innovation. Designers will work as a member of BIF’s Experience Lab design team to conceive of, develop and test systems-level solutions to some of our most pressing social issues in education, healthcare, and government.
Experience Designers will design for change by:
- contributing to the development of human-centered research plans
- leading secondary research efforts to build foundational knowledge in lab domain areas
- contributing to and/or leading ethnographic fieldwork efforts (start to finish) which generate powerful observations and insights
- helping synthesize data and translating observations and insights into transformational ideas for new solutions and approaches
- helping craft an articulate and compelling story that helps people connect with the work
Our ideal candidate(s):
- draws on knowledge and experience from a background in design or social sciences
- combines fluency in qualitative research methods and data analysis with an ability to move beyond research as outcome to research as input to real-world solutions
- is interested in exploring new and novel approaches to research and their application in BIF’s lab work
- has experience with or is open to working within the human-centered design process
- has an entrepreneurial mindset and is comfortable working with ambiguous problems in a dynamic environment
- is able to work collaboratively or independently as needed
- has excellent writing and communication skills
- is willing to travel
If this sounds like you, please send a resume, cover letter and examples or cases that demonstrate the variety of research projects you have worked on. In the examples, please share details about your research approach, what observations and insights were generated, and the outcomes of the study.
All materials should be sent to [email protected].